White Chocolate Strawberry Cookies
Preparation Time: 45 min
Cooking Time: 15 min (baking)
Total Time: 1 hr
Serves: 30 cookies
- 1 cup refined wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 big chopped strawberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon Auris ‘STRAWBERRY 24K’ Premium Food Flavour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pink food colour (optional)
- Start by preheating the oven to a temperature of 180° Celsius.
- Use parchment paper to line the baking sheets.
- Use a wooden spoon to cream softened butter, both the sugars and vegetable oil in a bowl, until they are fluffy and light. Make sure the butter is at room temperature before you add it to the bowl.
- Next, add the pink food colouring and Auris ‘STRAWBERRY 24K’ Premium Food Flavour to the mix, at the creaming stage.
- In a different bowl of a small size, bring together baking powder, flour, white chocolate chips and salt and mix them.
- Now, combine the dry and wet ingredient mix and gently stir in the chopped strawberries.
- For 4-5 minutes, knead the dough properly, until there are no lumps.
- Place the dough in the fridge to cool for 30 minutes.
- Take an ice cream scoop or rounded spoon to scoop out the dough and place the round ball on the parchment paper.
- Roll each of the balls smoothly and flatten them slightly before placing them back on the sheet.
- Make sure each ball of cookie dough is 2 inches apart.
- Place the sheets in the oven and continue to bake until the cookies turn golden.
- Once the cookies are done, you can place them on a wire rack or plate to cool.
- They stay fresh in a tightly sealed container for up to 6-7 days.