Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 10 to 15 mins
Total Time: 3 to 4 hours
- For Vanilla Pudding: Milk: 4 cups
- Sugar: 1 bowl
- Corn flour: 4.5 Tbspn full
- Vanilla flavor: 15 drops
- Desiccated coconut and cherries for coat and garnish
- For Fresh Strawberry Compote: Fresh Strawberries: 1 bowl
- Sugar: 1/4th bowl (Adjust as per sweetness of Strawberries)
- Corn Flour: 1 Tbspn full
- Water: 1/4 bowl
For Vanilla Pudding:
- In a sauce pan add milk and sugar, stir till sugar dissolves completely.
- When the milk is warm enough add vanilla flavor and give a stir.
- When bubbles appear at the edges lower the flame and add corn flour water mixture.
- Stir continuously to avoid lumps. Switch off the flame when the mixture thickens i.e. able to form a coat at the back of a metal spoon.
- Pour into greased moulds, let them cool down at room temperature.
- Now refrigerate for 3-4 hours to set completely. Unmould them before serving.
For Fresh Strawberry Compote:
- Add fresh strawberries, water and sugar in a saucepan and boil till strawberries soften on a low flame, keep stirring in between.
- Add Corn flour mixture and stir continuously till mixture thickens.
- Cool down at room temperature and refrigerate for further use.
Unmould the pudding on a serving plate coat it with desiccated coconut and top with cherry. For the 2nd variation top it with Fresh Strawberry Compote.