Preparation Time: 1 Hour
Cooking Time: 15 to 20 mins
Total Time: 5 hours 20 mins
Serves: 4 to 5
- Small grain rice: 5 Tbspn (Preferred Vishnu Bhog or Basmati Rice)
- Milk: 6 cups
- Sugar: 1/4th cup or Bowl
- Malai or Cream: 1/4th cup
- Dry fruits: Almonds, Cashews, Pistachios: 1/4th cup as per your choice
- Rose flavor: 5 drops
- Rose syrup: 1/2 Tbspn
- Dry rose petals: As per choice
- Wash and soaked 5 Tbsp rice in a bowl for 1 hour. Grind it coarsely and keep aside.
- Soak almonds and cashews for 15-20 mins and grind them along with malai or cream.
- In a thick bottom pan add milk and boil on a medium flame till it reduces to half. Keep stirring in between.
- Now add coarsely ground rice while stirring continuously. Let the rice cook completely(till it becomes soft and transparent),keep stirring so that the mixture does not stick to the bottom.
- Once the rice becomes transparent add sugar and mix well. Once the sugar is dissolved completely add the malai dry fruits mixture and mix well.
- Add Rose flavor and dry rose petals,give them a stir. At this stage if you find the mixture is very thick you can add some warm milk. Finally turn off the flame and stir in the rose syrup.
- Mix well and let it cool at room temperature.Once cooled grind the mixture in a blender to smooth consistency.
- Pour in the serving bowls or glasses and refrigerate to set completely(Tastes the best when refrigerated overnight).
- Garnish with Pistachios,almonds and dry rose petals while serving.