Orange Peanut Butter Chocolates
Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 min
Total Time: 2-3 hr (including freezing time)
Serves: 30 chocolates (depending on the size)
- 5 grams butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons castor sugar
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 100 grams dark compound chocolate slab
- 4-5 drops of Auris™ ‘ORANGE 24K’ Premium Food Flavour
- Add peanut butter and butter in a bowl and cream them.
- Once the two butters blend together, add caster sugar in small quantities, mixing as you go.
- Take care to ensure the sugar is incorporated into the butter blend and the mixture is not sticky but fluffy.
- Take a tablespoon or more of the mixture and roll it into a 1-inch ball.
- Once you are done making the balls, place them in a freezer.
- Next, using the double boiler method or a microwave (on low setting, with continuous stirring), melt the dark chocolate compound. Add chocolate chips and Auris™ ‘ORANGE 24K’ Premium Food Flavour to the compound.
- Once the chocolate has mostly melted, take the mixture off the heat and stir until the texture is smooth in consistency.
- Take the peanut butter balls out of the freezer.
- Once the temperature of the mixture drops below 38°C, begin dipping the balls into the coating. Roll the cold peanut butter ball until it is completely coated with chocolate.
- Using your hands, a toothpick or a fork, drain the excess coating off the ball and place it on a baking sheet (lined with wax paper).
- Allow the coating to dry completely.
- Store the peanut butter truffles in an airtight container.