Preparation Time: 15-20 min
Cooking Time: 35-45 min (baking)
Total Time: 50-65 min
Serves: 1 Kg
- 2 cups refined wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Auris ‘ORANGE 24K’ Premium Food Flavour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Take a round cake tin of 20cm and grease the inside surface.
- Cream sugar, grated orange zest and butter until fluffy and light. Beat each egg yolk, one at a time into the mix.
- Fold in flour, alternating with Auris ‘ORANGE 24K’ Premium Food Flavour and orange juice.
- In a different bowl, continue whisking the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Add a pinch of salt and baking powder.
- With the help of a spatula, gently fold the egg whites into the mixture. Add this mixture into the round tin.
- Place the cake in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a clean skewer comes out from the centre cake.
- Allow the cake to cool for 7 to 10 minutes, and then turn the cake onto a rack to continue cooling.