Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 15-20 min
Total Time: 1 hr (including freezing time)
Serves: 10 pieces
- 2 cups of condensed milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons of orange fruit cells
- 8-10 drops of Auris ‘ORANGE 24K’ Premium Food Flavour
- 1 tablespoon of ghee (for greasing)
- Place a non-stick pan over a medium flame. Next, add condensed milk to the pan.
- Sauté the mixture for 1-2 minutes before adding sugar. Continue sautéing for 5 minutes until the mixture forms a ball.
- Add orange cells and Auris ‘ORANGE 24K’ Premium Food Flavour to the ball, mixing it as you add.
- Turn off the flame.
- Grease a plate with ghee. Pour the burfi mixture on the plate.
- Pat the mixture tightly with your hands. Place the mixture in the refrigerator for half an hour or until it becomes firm.
- Using a buttered knife, cut out traditional diamond shapes or square shapes from the burfi mixture.
- Your barfi is ready!