Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 60 mins
Serves: 16 to 20 depending on size
- Refined flour : 2 cups
- Salt : a pinch
- Baking powder : a pinch
- Baking soda : ½ tsp
- Curd : 2 tablespoons
- Ghee : 2 tablespoons
- Ghee for frying
- Dry fruits for garnish
- SUGAR SYRUP
- Sugar : 2 cups
- Water : 1 cup
- Lemon wedges : 2 nos
- Cardamom Powder : a pinch
- Auris™ 'Orange 24K' Premium Food Flavour : 2 ml
- Prepare dough using all ingredients and leave it under a wet cloth for 20 minutes.
- In the mean time prepare sugar syrup by mixing all ingredients and Auris™ ‘Orange 24K’ Premium Food Flavour.
- Cook it until it becomes 2 string consistency.
- Divide dough into small portions. Make roundels of each portion and then slightly press in the center.
- Fry each one in a moderately hot ghee, until it is brown and cooked from inside.
- Soak in orange flavoured warm sugar syrup.
- Remove and garnish with dry fruits.