Lemon and Cardamom Barfi
Preparation Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 15-20 min
Total Time: 40 min
Serves: 10 pieces
- 1 tin (400 grams) of condensed milk
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 250 grams of skimmed milk powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom seed powder
- 5-8 drops of Auris™ ‘LEMON 24K’ Premium Food Flavour
- Silver leaves
- Place a pan over a low flame and add condensed milk, lemon zest and lemon juice. Allow the ingredients to become warm through continuous heating.
- Once the mixture is warm, add ground cardamom and skimmed milk powder and mix it well.
- Let the mixture heat up until a thick dough has formed.
- Switch off the gas and add Auris™ ‘LEMON 24K’ Premium Food Flavour to the mixture.
- Line a loaf tin or a similar sized tin with parchment paper. Push the dough inside the tin, while keeping the top layer neat.
- Let this tin finish cooling either in the fridge or outside to room temperature.
- Once the concoction has set, you can cut the tin in the shape of your choice.
- Use the silver leaves and almonds as a garnish.
- Bring the cake tin to room temperature before taking out the pieces to serve. You can store the cake in your fridge for a period of 2 days.