Kesar Kaju Katli
Preparation Time: 6 hr (including soaking time)
Cooking Time: 45 min
Total Time: 7 hr
Serves: 8-10 pieces
- 100 grams of cashew nuts
- An equal quantity of sugar as cashew after making a paste
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of ghee
- 10-12 drops of Auris™ ‘KESAR 24K’ Premium Food Flavour
- Silver leaves
- Keep the cashew nuts to soak for 6-8 hours in water.
- After the cashews are soaked thoroughly, drain them of the water. Grind the cashews to a smooth and fine paste, without adding water.
- Take equal quantity of sugar as the paste. For example, if the paste is 1/2 of a cup, set aside 1/2 cup sugar.
Set a non-stick pan over the flame to melt the sugar.
- Next, combine the cashew paste with the melted sugar. Let the mixture cook for a few minutes before adding ghee.
- Once the mixture stops sticking to the sides of the pan, add Auris™ ‘KESAR 24K’ Premium Food Flavour and mix thoroughly.
- Take the mixture and place it on the counter. Slowly knead the mixture into a smooth ball.
- Take a plate and apply ghee to grease it.
- Taking the same mixture, place it on the plate and use a rolling pin to flatten it.
- Use the silver leaves as a garnish.
- Lastly, cut out a traditional diamond or any other shape you want.