Chocolate Coconut Barfi
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
Total Time: 1 hr (including freezing time)
Serves: 6-7 pieces
- 2 cups of finely grated coconut/ coconut powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder
- 8-10 drops of Auris™ ‘CHOCOLATE 24K’ Premium Food Flavour
- 1 tablespoon of ghee (for greasing)
- Place a non-stick pan over a medium flame. Next, add grated coconut to the pan.
- Allow the coconut flavour to seep out as you sauté. Make sure the coconut does not turn brown.
- Next, add the sugar and condensed milk to the coconut. Continue sautéing for 5 minutes until the mixture forms a ball.
- Add cocoa powder and Auris™ ‘CHOCOLATE 24K’ Premium Food Flavour to the ball, mixing it as you add.
- Turn off the flame.
- Grease a plate with ghee. Pour the burfi mixture on the plate.
- Pat the mixture tightly with your hands. Place the mixture in the refrigerator for half an hour or until it becomes firm.
- Using a buttered knife, cut out traditional diamond shapes or square shapes from the burfi mixture.
- Sprinkle chopped pistachio over the burfi before you serve.