Apple Kesar Barfi
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Serves: 9 to 10
- Grated Fresh Paneer: 3/4th cup
- Milk Powder: 1/2 cup
- Sugar: 1/2 cup
- Water: 1/2 cup
- Milk: 1/4th cup
- Ghee: 1 Tb spn
- Dry fruits: Pistachios
- Kesar flavor: 6 drops
- Cloves: 9 to 10
- Red food color
- In a thick bottom non-stick pan add sugar and water and boil till it achieves a half strand syrup consistency.
- Add grated paneer,stir well.
- Now add milk and stir the mixture till it achieves a creamy consistency.
- Add milk powder and keep stirring it to avoid any lumps.
- Make sure you keep flame on low so that the mixture does not stick to the bottom.
- Keep stirring the mixture until it separates completely from the pan and becomes of a soft dough consistency.
- Turn off the flame and add ghee as well as kesar flavor to the dough and mix well.Transfer it into a bowl.
- Apply some oil on your palms and make equal sized balls out of the dough,press on the top bottom and sides to give them the shape of apples.
- Make sure you make them when they are hot to give them a perfect shape(You can wear hand gloves while making them) Color them red with small paint brush and garnish with cloves and pistachios.